THE HIGHLIGHTS OF REMOTE SOFTWARE UPGRADE 21-03.
You can now look forward to the following functions and functional improvements:
- Amazon Alexa Car Integration: “Alexa, add toothpaste to my shopping list!”
- BMW Maps: The traditional input text box to enter addresses is back!
- Lane Departure Warning: Now remembers your settings
- Quality improvement: Issues when changing music tracks in Android 11 eliminated
- Quality improvement: Surround View illustration
- Quality improvement: Program iX3 (G08 BEV) control units (CCU)
- Recall: Program iX3 (G08 BEV) control units (BMU)
- Function updates and quality enhancements
- Validity of the Remote Software Upgrade and Release Notes
- Information about previous versions
- Updating the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle
- Special information about this upgrade
- Specific notes for hybrid vehicles
- Use of the My BMW App for data transfer
FUNCTIONS AND FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENTS.
AMAZON ALEXA CAR INTEGRATION.
“Alexa, add toothpaste to my shopping list!”
The traditional input text box to enter addresses is back!
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING.
Now remembers your settings.
Issues when changing music tracks in Android 11 eliminated.
Surround View illustration.
Program iX3 (G08 BEV) control units (CCU).
In affected vehicles and in exceptional cases the automatic switch to the parking function may not occur, causing a Check-Control Message to be displayed. If the Check-Control message is ignored, the vehicle is at risk of rolling away. This problem is eliminated with this software upgrade.
Program iX3 (G08 BEV) control units (BMU).
In the event of a very serious accident, there may be damage to the vehicle high-voltage electrical system. Potential overvoltage from the high-voltage vehicle electrical system could damage control units and components. Post-crash features (e.g. hazard warning lights, vehicle lighting, or automatic emergency call) may only be available to a limited extent.
Affected customers were correspondingly informed of this via special defect code 0061030600.
Validity of the Remote Software Upgrade and Release Notes.
Function updates and quality enhancements.
Information about previous versions.
Updating the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle.
Special information about this upgrade.
Specific notes for hybrid vehicles.
- If you perform the Remote Software Upgrade during charging, the charging process will be interrupted and not automatically continued.
- Charging and climate control settings can be reset after the Remote Software Upgrade (e.g. charging settings to 6A instead of 16A). Once you have completed the upgrade, re-set your preferences in the relevant menus under Settings.
- By upgrading, the electrically driven kilometers displayed may be set to zero. Your vehicle will not however lose the electrically driven kilometers because they are stored elsewhere in the vehicle. In this case, please contact a BMW authorised workshop if you would like to be able to document the status of electrically driven kilometers.