BMW Maps makes driving in your BMW even more personal and convenient. Connected Navigation offers you completely intuitive operation when programming destinations. The cloud-based dynamic route calculation instantly adapts the route recommendations to changing traffic situations and excels with a precise forecast of the arrival time.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT BMW MAPS IN THE VIDEO.
BMW MAPS: CONNECTED NAVIGATION.
- Intuitive operation as you are familiar with on your smartphone
- Destination entry via free search possible
- Cloud-based dynamic route calculation
- Fast recalculation of the route when traffic conditions change
- Exact calculation of the predicted arrival time
- Map data with Map Update always up to date
- Hazard warning for adverse road conditions or accidents on the route
- Proactive destination suggestions based on learned routes - especially useful for commuters
- Adaptive theme-based maps show exactly what you need at any given moment
- Augmented View in the central control display for junctions and corners
BMW MAPS: CONNECTED PARKING.
- Extensive support in the search for a parking space
- Offering parking options when approaching the destination (Park & Charge or multi-storey car park)
- Route recommendation with highest parking probability
- Indication of available parking spaces according to the size of the vehicle
- Information on the parking situation at the destination directly when the destination is entered
BMW MAPS: CONNECTED CHARGING.
- View charging status at any time via the My BMW app or directly in the vehicle
- Intuitive route planning with automatic scheduling of charging stops
- Display of available parking spaces with charging station at destination
- Useful additional information on charging stations, such as plug type, availability and more
- POI suggestions in the vicinity of the charging station for optimal use of charging time
- Filter for fast charging stations
- Charging management functions in the My BMW app: control charging processes, view last charging cycles, incl. costs and savings
- Push notification as soon as the target charge level is reached
FAQ: THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT BMW MAPS.
What is BMW Maps?
The BMW Maps navigation system was rolled out in 2020 for vehicles with BMW Operating System 7. The cloud-based system makes route calculation significantly faster and also more dynamic by combining real-time information with forecasting models. The data basis for this is the HERE map, enriched with the collected knowledge of the swarm intelligence of the entire networked BMW Group fleet of over 14 million vehicles worldwide. The BMW Cloud not only integrates real-time data, but also uses machine learning algorithms that calculate probabilistic models for the occurrence of certain traffic phenomena based on long-term data series. The cloud also contains additional contextual information on points of interest, such as ratings, opening hours and images. With BMW Operating System 8, the digital services for navigation, parking and charging are fully integrated into the cloud-based system BMW Maps in a user-oriented manner. In addition, the intelligent functions of BMW Maps will be further expanded, for example with the "Learning Navigation" function, with which BMW Maps learns based on the driver's habits and anticipates which destination the driver is likely to drive to next.
What are the requirements for using BMW Maps?
- Connected Package Professional (6C3/6C4)
- Only in connection Live Cockpit Plus (6U2) or Live Cockpit Professional (6U3)
- BMW Operating System 7 or newer
- Connected Package Professional (6C3/6C4)
What advantages does the service Real Time Traffic Information from BMW Maps offer me?
With Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) you are always informed of the current traffic situation and receive various route options. Thanks to Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI), BMW Maps remains aware of the situation on the road during your journey and dynamically adapts your route as required.
How can I update BMW Maps?
Map Update gives you two options of keeping your map material up to date both at home and abroad. With the automatic map update, which is downloaded over-the-air using the SIM card installed in the vehicle, the latest changes and adaptations to the map material are transferred to the data already in place.
Where do I enter “country”, “city” and “street” to search for a destination?
BMW Maps makes searching for your destination as easy as you are used to from your smartphone navigation app. Just enter the address in the search field, e.g. "Berlin, Messedamm 1". No further details are required. Your home country is set as the default search area. If you are not currently travelling abroad, you do not need to enter the country separately.
Which benefits does Learning Navigation from BMW Maps offer me in my vehicle with BMW iDrive and Operating System 8?
With BMW iDrive and Operating System 8, the digital services for navigation, parking and charging are fully integrated into the cloud-based system BMW Maps to suit the user. A central function here is "Learning Navigation": based on the habits linked to your BMW ID, BMW Maps learns and anticipates which destination you are likely to drive to next. For all regular journeys, and especially for commuter journeys, this saves you having to enter your destination again, so that you can still be proactively alerted to delays and hazards on the route. In good time before departure, information on the current traffic situation on the route and the likely journey time is sent to the My BMW app. In the vehicle, a personally configurable Traffic Widget also displays the probable destination with the associated traffic information. All learned destinations can be viewed and also deleted in the vehicle and in the My BMW app.
BMW CONNECTED DRIVE: FURTHER INFORMATION & LINKS.